The ‘Breath’ is the most critical grounding tool used to anchor our awareness.
Choosing an object that sparks awareness is a personal journey, and Breathe Boxes Organization would like to gift youth a mindfulness toolbox, to help them discover tangible anchors that will expand their awareness and help them embody mental health and emotional well-being.
This is especially important because children and youth who learn how to manage their response to trauma or stress:
- are at a lower risk for conditions like depression, asthma, cancer, and diabetes in adulthood;
- are less likely to indulge in behaviors, such as smoking, and heavy drinking;
- are more likely to experience better education and job potential; and
- are more likely to break the generational transfer of adverse childhood experiences.
Our mindfulness intervention toolbox, ‘Breathe Box’ is primarily designed for children and youth ages 5+. Creating a unique sensory experience of actionable tools – curated with sensory products, fidget tools, educational toys for self-regulation, play, learning awareness, sensory integration and much more. BreatheBox includes: (not limited to the following)
- Therapy Putty
- Calming Sensory Tools
- Natural Essential Oils
- Plush Sensory Stuffed Animal
- Interactive Games
- Mandala Coloring Activity
- Expandable Breathing Ball
- Much more!